Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 16 January 2013

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Review

Let me just start with the fact that I have the OILIEST eyelids (and oily skin general) and an almost monolid eyelids (as such, my eyeliner can easily smudge)! The fact that I live in a humid place doesn't help either. I've been hearing good things about about the NARS eyeshadow base (misglamorazzi is an avid user) so I decided to try this product out. 

NARS Eyeshadow Base Packaging

The eye primer comes in a black and white packaging and has a sponge applicator. The product itself has a cream texture with a white color that turns transparent after blended into the skin. As for smell, it has a slight stinging chemical smell which I have never realized until I took the effort to smell it for this review. Guess the smell doesn't really bothered me...

Sponge applicator
What I can say is this eye primer works really really well on me. On an average, my eye makeup can last up to almost 7 hours without smudging and almost 10 hours with very minimal smudging. In addition, I do not need to use so many products for both of my eyelids. A little goes a long way. Compared to the other eye primers I've tried, which is Urban Decay's (both Original and Eden version), NARS definitely win hands down.

I can use this amount for both of my eyelids!


On a downside, I'm not sure whether this happens to other people who use NARS eyeshadow base, I find that after using this, I can no longer use my Urban Decay's. It's as if I'm now resistant to the Urban Decay's formula as it creases on me like crazy (even the Eden version one which is suppose to last longer than the original one creases after 3-4 hours). This does not happen before I start using the NARS eyeshadow base. My concern is that the NARS eye primer is too strong that I am resistant to any other formulas. Not sure if this is a good thing or not >.<

But overall, I will definitely purchase this eye primer again since this product by far works really well on my super oily eyelids =) For those with oily eyelids and have problems with eye makeup smudging, this is for you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment