Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 20 January 2013

Etude House Drawing Show Dot Liner Review

I bought this product during my trip to Korea and was really excited to try this out. I heard that using 3-dotted tip is much more easier when it comes to applying eyeliner compare to the usual felt-tip. Plus, with a price of 9000 won, it's a steal from the Too Faced 3-Way Lash Lining Tool.


The product comes in a pink box Etude house style and the eyeliner itself comes in a matte-black tube. As mentioned, it has a 3-dotted tip. 

 

I tried so hard to like this product but honestly for someone who has an oily eyelid, this product is a HUGE LETDOWN =( One of the most disappointing eye product I've ever tried.

The eyeliner SMUDGES LIKE CRAZY. The first time I used this, I tried it with the Urban Decay's Eden eye primer, I came back with the liner all over my lid =( Then today I tried it again with my trusted NARS Eyeshadow Base and guess what? In 15 minutes the eyeliner smudges everywhere and I mean, everywhere (I should have taken photos of this -.-) It smudges to the bottom of my eye and to my eyelids. It's as if I just cried black tears =(

Another problem that I have is with the 3-dotted tip itself but I guess this one is just a matter of getting used to. Since the tip is wider to the sides, I kept getting dots all over my eyelid. I guess it's because I have this habit of angling my eyeliner slightly upwards when applying.

Top: when lined gently, bottom: when lined with more pressure


I was really really hoping that this liner will work out =( I really like how when I dotted the liner, I can get very close to my eyelashes and gives this effect of fuller lash. The color payoff is also really good. It's really really black. But the stay power of the product just really makes this product a huge disappointment.

Overall, I will definitely not recommend this product, especially for those who have oily eyelids like I do or for those who needs long lasting eyeliner.

If there's anyone who has a different experience with this liner or finds a way to make this liner last longer, do let me know. Really hoping for a better review.



No comments:

Post a Comment