Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Sydney Winter Holiday 2014 (Day 1): Vivid Highlights and a Restaurant I Couldn't Review

As I was writing this post and trying to google the restaurant I want to review, I  found out that I actually dine there at the final hours of its operation. I remembered being the last customer going in and having late dinner there while enjoying the Opera House view. Such a shame it has to close down. If you wanna know why they close, visit this website.  

So the evening after our trip to Bourke Street Bakery, we decided to catch Vivid and grab dinner at Circular Quay in the evening.

vivid sydney opera house (Amelia Ho)
Sydney Opera House (Vivid 2014) 

For some reason, we had this idea that Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge are just next door from Darling Harbour....which is not..... 

Because of that we were starving and we land in this restaurant called Peter Doyle @ The Quay and below are the stuff we got:

Garlic Bread
Fried Calamari


Fish and Chip

Seafood Platter
I don't really want to go into details about my experience here because I don't think I should review something that doesn't exist anymore :( such a shame... All in all, my experience here was pretty good. Nice food, nice view (unblock view of the Opera house) but price are rather steep perhaps because of the restaurant's location and sort of fine dining concept (I was not dressed up at all but oh well).. check out my outfit below and the nice background. I believe at this point I was freezing because of the wind..
harbour bridge and me (Amelia Ho)
Behind: Harbour Bridge
Let me share with you more pictures from Vivid. I actually went there twice. First on 1st June (Sunday evening) where things are less quite and and the following Friday when the long holiday started and there were just too many people.. Another thing to take note is though Harbour Bridge and Opera House area are the main attraction, there are also other places lighted up such as University of Sydney and Darling Harbour. This post will focus more on the main area.

vivid artwork (amelia ho)

vivid artwork 1 (amelia ho)

vivid sight 3 (amelia ho)

vivid artwork 2 (amelia ho)

museum of contemporary art 1 (amelia ho)
Museum of Contemporary Art
museum of contemporary art 2 (amelia ho)
Museum of Contemporary Art

vivid sydney opera house 1 (Amelia Ho)

vivid sydney opera house 2 (Amelia Ho)

vivid sydney opera house 3 (Amelia Ho)


I'm thinking of compiling a video of my trip in Sydney and Adelaide. Will keep you all posted on this. I just hope that I get the time to get it done very, very soon. What's your Vivid experience like? I personally like this year's more compare to last year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment