Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 27 June 2014

Sydney Winter Holiday 2014 (Day 2): Blackflower Patisserie ~ Review

Cheeseburger Macarons?? Whattt????

I didn't know such thing exist as well but it does...

Long story short - my brother's friend was talking about this place prior to our trip and while we were heading to Chinatown for lunch at our regular Superbowl, we came across this place and we knew that we had to go back.






I didn't get the chance to spend a lot of time here but I must say I like the sleek and clean design of the space. I like how even though they use black paint, the space was well lit.

Compare to the other pastry place and cafe I went to so far, this is by far the most spacious - lots of indoor seating.



Look at those macarons. Yum. According to the staff, their most popular macarons are the cheeseburger macaron (most right side), the kungfu panda (second to right), lychee and rose, and patron XO & chocolate macaron. We decided to get those and the chocolate one as well.

The Review 

The macaron texture for me across all flavours are nice - airy, crumbles in you mouth. Though these have yet to beat Zumbarons, they were great.

Behold the cheeseburger macaron, the star of the show :) This thing taste just like a burger with the meat, cheese, tomato sauce and all..... NAH KIDDING! This mini 'burger' actually taste sweet, like chocolate.. Sweet but not too sweet which I like. And look at that intricate design, don't they look like very pretty cheeseburgers? I was having a hard time biting to it just because it looks so cute. A star buy I must say, really like this :)
Another star of the buy is the Kungfu Panda. It is the white macaron with 2 strips and a dot at the surface. The 2 strips are suppose to be the panda's eyes and the dot is either its mouth or nose. This macaron taste like salted caramel and I really like how the sweetness of the caramel was not masked by the salt. It's not over-the-top sweet, it's goooodddd ;p

The pink one is the lychee and rose macaroon. This one for me was just a so-so. I couldn't really taste the lychee but the rose was definitely there. Probably if you're someone that likes rose or flower-y taste in your pastry, you'll love this one. Not me unfortunately.

The last one is the XO Patron & Chocolate macaron. This is my least favourite from the bunch mostly because I found the chocolate too rich for my taste. 

All in all, this place is a must visit for me. I love the creativity they put in their macarons and as I've read more reviews about them, I am really keen to come back and try their other foods. I also like how strategically located they are (at Haymarket). See you again soon Blackflower Patisserie!


Blackflower Patisserie on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment