Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 10 February 2014

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask ~ Review

I came across Innisfree on my trip last year to Korea and it recently opened its first store in Singapore. Back then, I decided to purchase one of their star products - their Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask.
I've been using this mask for on and off quite a while. In fact, I'm using it right now while writing this post ;)

 

First impression: I like their packaging: it is simple and not over the top. The fact that they are using recycled material for their boxes is also a nice touch for the brand has a natural, organic image.



As for it's product, when I opened the jar, you can straight away see the mask under the plastic cover. It has a taupey-cream colour and there is a slight scent when you sniff the product straight from the jar. I can't exactly pinpoint the scent - mmm.. I guess it smells like a clean mud? (Sorry guys, I sucked at describing scents). The product has a hard clay texture.

Application wise:
First and foremost, wash your face. For me, I usually use my Etude House Magic Peeling Foam before wearing the mask. Makes my face feels very clean and ready for the clay mask :) After washing and drying my face, I continued with the clay mask.

When scooping the product to my hand, the first thing I'd like to do is soften the clay by rubbing the product between my hands which makes it easier to apply the mask to my face. Although there's a slight scent from the jar, I hardly notice the scent when I put it straight to my skin. Just a heads up, I have a very oily and sensitive skin.



After applying, I wait for 15-20 mins.

5 minutes into wearing the mask my skin starts to feel tight and reaching the 15-20 minute mark, I rinse my face and dry with towel.

After applying the mask:
Post wearing this clay mask, I will usually get this tight feeling on my face. Because of that, I usually continue my regime with a moisturising mask in any kind of form (gel, face sheet etc). After continuing with a more moisturising mask, I usually do not have any issue with my skin. (This time around I am using Face Shop Real Nature Mask Red Ginseng, review coming soon)

Result of the mask:
To be honest, I do not really see any significant difference in my skin by wearing this mask. Then again, I don't know how anyone can measure "absorb impurities and sebum that are deeply embedded within skin pores" (this is what's written in the packaging box).
If the mask getting tight around the skin means it is working, the I guess it worked.

Would I purchase it again? Hmmmm.. Still undecided. It's definitely not a product that I'd die for since I don't really see much difference in my skin.

I guess this mask is a nice thing to try but it is not something that you should invest on mainly because I honestly can't see any dramatic difference in my skin after wearing this. If anyone can see a huge benefit from wearing this mask, do let me know how you're using this product and how often.

P.S. I've hold off on posting this mask and decided to try the product following the instructions given and the result is... I still feel dry around my skin... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment